For one of our clients, a Private Bank in Geneva, we are looking for a Credit Officer to join the lombard lending department, which provides secured financing to private banking clients and monitors their compliance with collateral levels and credit limits.
Integrating into the existing team, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating new credit proposals, controlling risky exposures at client level, managing pledges and collateral, and participating in IT projects.
This is a 12 months temporary mission running from January to end of December 2024.
- Analysis of credit proposals and preparation of documentation, working closely with the commercial function (front office)
- Detecting customers that are in breach of limits and managing these cases together with the front office
- Participating as a Subject Matter Expert in the design and testing of the credit risk functionalities in the new Core Banking System (T24, R22)
- Validating day-to-day banking transactions blocked for credit reasons and processing credit transactions in the core banking system
- University degree, preferably in Finance / Economics (or equivalent credit risk experience in banking)
- 3-5 years related experience in credit operations / credit risk management, ideally in a lombard lending role
- Good understanding of private banking needs for credit products including understanding of various financial instruments and markets
- Strong financial and non-financial analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English and Spanish, French fluency will be a strong asset
- Capacity to work independently on specific tasks and with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to assume responsibility for problem resolution
- Swiss residency is a must have
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we will contact only the candidates who have been selected for an interview.
|Bank / Finance