For one of our client, a Swiss Private Bank in Geneva, we are looking for a Wealth Planner. As a member of the Wealth Planning Switzerland team, you will be a main point of contact for the Swiss market zone for tax, wealth and philanthropic structuring and legal matters. You will help the bankers and their clients/prospects to ensure client satisfaction with tailor-made solutions. You will also follow a strong and strategic business development approach.
- Guide bankers and clients on wealth structuring and tax issues (estate and succession planning solutions, charitable entities, sale of businesses, private funds, real estate structuring, life insurance contracts, private investment structures, pension funds) and other legal matters.
- Perform the job in a complex environment where you will be required to analyse, summarize and interpret several options to propose pragmatic solutions.
- Monitor the main tax / wealth structuring / legal developments for the Swiss market zone (e.g. tax & legal watch, cross-border rules etc.) and keeping both clients and bankers informed of opportunities and risks in these domains (internal communications, client publications, presentations, workshops, etc.).
- Share knowledge and experience with the other wealth planners by playing an active role at team meetings and actively contribute to global team projects.
- Assist bankers in their efforts to develop new business opportunities, including sourcing and developing contacts (notably through marketing events, scientific publications as well as maintaining close contacts with attorneys, notaries, fiduciaries, trust companies and tax authorities) with a view to developing business opportunities as well as ensuring the satisfaction of existing clients.
- Keep abreast of any developments with tax, legal or regulatory rules having an impact on the WP team activities as well as with internal directives, attending the mandatory training sessions and complying with such rules.
- Ensure cooperation and alignment with the activities of Wealth Solutions and acting as an ambassador for the unit.
- University degree in Law or Economics, or a qualification deemed equivalent.
- Swiss Bar exam would be a plus.
- Swiss tax expertise (alternatively in progress or with the will to engage in this program).
- At least 5 years’ prior experience in wealth planning, e.g. in a law firm, big four firm or bank.
- Excellent command of French and English and a good command of German is a minimum requirement.
- Must be resident in Switzerland.
- In-depth knowledge of the tax, wealth structuring and legal systems of Switzerland.
- General knowledge of banking and investment services.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we will contact only the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Thank you for your understanding.
|Job Category||Bank / Finance|